Saturday, July 28, 2012

Must See in My Hometown


My hometown is in so cal. Yep, that's right I have not ventured far from home. I have lived in the same county for my whole life except for when I lived on campus for a year in college! Even then I was home often! The truth is I love this place and not just because I am comfortable here, but because I feel that you cannot beat the weather, location, and all the fun sights to see!

Orange county is filled with so much to see. There are great things like Disneyland, south coast plaza, and  Newport beach, but within the county there are so many things to see that are not always tourist destinations.

Here's my list of must see in orange county, CA.

|one|
The Orange Circle

This is m absolute favorite part of orange county! I love all the shops filled with antiques plus there are lots of great spots to hang out and eat! It also has a great small town feel! Several movies have been filmed there a well! Remember "That Thing You Do"? Part omit was filmed right here in orange! Anyway, there are yummy spots for dining like citrus city grill and the filling station. There are even spots to get a pint or two and some dessert! The best part for me is the neighborhoods that surround! I love the homes in is area and wish I could one day lie in a neighborhood like this! I loveit there!


|two|
Angels Stadium

Ok, so i realize that many tourists would go here to catch a game, but so many people who come here seem to skip over a day at the game! The truth is this stadium has some pretty neat spots to watch and you can literally roam almost the entire stadium for the entire game! (I will admit that the stadium is seriously lacking some yummy food finds, but it still is a great spot to keep a person entertained!) so many people buy tickets and hang out on the patio and never even make into their seats. Either way, a baseball game is a wholesome fun American activity!



|three|
The Great Park

This park has so much to give and it really is in the beginning ties of being developed. The land used to Brea military base and after many years of disputing, it has finally become a park! There is a big orange balloon that you can ride and every week there is some sort of activity! They have movies, gardening classes, a farmers market, art on display and more!

|four|
Farmers Markets

Every place has farmers markets! California is no exception, but it sure OSA fun time tog income locally grown California produce! I love taking home a great bunch f veggies and fruit from the local farmers market! Don't you? Why not do that on vacation too?



|five|
Crystal Cove


Heres another spot that has that small town feel, but it has thsmell of the beach! This spot is a state park down by the beach. There ar trails to walk that lead down to the beach and even little cottages that you can rent out for not so expensive prices! The cottages used to bethe homes of awhile summer surfing community and they were neutrally renovated and now house vacationers who have to reservetheircspotssix months in advance! Theresa great restaurant and bar right on the beach too! It screams people watching and a nice enjoyable beach day!



|six|
Peters Canyon


Orang county surges haves lot of homes, but tucked away in the hills of orange and Tustin is This great park! There are wilderness trails, a reservoir, hills, forrests, and even some wildlife (watch out for mountain lions!). There are several trails that I have enjoyed walking and I always see people mountain biking and running the trails. It's great for a day time hike or Elena morning stroll!


The hill that kicks my bum every time! 

|seven|
Whiting Ranch


Here's another spot just like the last! Instead of areas or it has a quiet stream and lots of shady trees! There is definitely wildlife there as well! Last time were there I had a lizard run across my feet! I screamed pretty loud and jumped pretty high! It was a great hike! I am guessing you could have a great hike there too!



|eight|
Summer Fun in the Park

So many cities have these events, but I truly cold not leave these off the list! The weather here can be so great and often there is little modify in the summer and the evenings are just phenomenal! There are often concerts in the park in any local city depending on the night of the week! One of the good parts about orange county is that it is the epitome of suburban sprawl, meaning there are cities within close reach to the whole county!


|nine|
Shopping


There are malls and then there are outdoor malls! I love to shop and spend and afternoon out at the shopping center. thebest part is California has the weather todo this most days of th year! My personal favorite (& I never thought I would say this cause parking used to beapain there) is the irvine Spectrum! Though there are others that are great OT visit as well! Give Fashion Island, the Marketplace, or The District a try!


|ten|
Restaurants

Gosh, there are some great places to eat here in the OC! Some of my favorites are Beach Pit BBQ, Lazy Dog Cafe, the Filling Station, Rutabegorz, Taco Surf, Roma D Italia, and even Dad's where they serve awesome Balboa bars! Every city has their own food spots, but I think we have a pretty great selection here in Orange County!



So, if you are ever in town, or even just need a reason to visit. Here they all are listed out for you! So. Cal will welcome you with warm sunshine! Promise! 

Photobucket