Saturday, May 5, 2012

A GREAT park!


Last Saturday my hubs and I went (with my mom and her good friend) to the first Artisan Food & Arts Festival at the Orange County Great Park! It was a beautiful Saturday that I truly enjoyed being outside for!


Let me begin by giving a little info about what the Great Park is:
The Orange County Great Park, with its more than 1,300-acre master plan, is the focal point of the redevelopment of the publicly-owned portion of the 4,700-acre former Marine Corps Air Station, El Toro. The Great Park features an iconic tethered helium balloon that rises 400 feet in the air, providing an aerial view of Park development. Other features include the Carousel, Farm + Food Lab, Kids Rock Playground, Walkable Timeline, Palm Court Arts Complex, North Lawn recreation area and historic Hangar 244. The South Lawn lighted soccer fields and Community Garden will be added in 2012.

 If you wanna know more, then please click HERE to read more!

With all that said, the Great Park may one day become the west coast version of Central Park! So, back to the festival. There were local restaurants serving food (none of which was sampled for free!), food trucks, and many different demonstrations of arts and food. My favorite by far was the food trucks! Namely it was the at that The Lime Truck was there! This is a truck I have wanted to try out for a long time! When it was time to grab a bite, I knew exactly where i was headed! I ordered a sweet an spicy beef taco and also an heirloom tomato caprese salad! All was yummy! Here's a look at the food! It was so fresh an really delicious!


The other aspect of this festival that I found interesting was a retailer selling loose leaf tea an a water bottle specifically used for loose leaf tea to make cold tea! (I cant remember the retailer and cannot find a picture to share! Argghhh! I will still be on the search!)

All in all, it was a great day spent outside with family and friends! How do you spend your sunny Saturday afternoons?

Photobucket