Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Math Magazine File

Just a quick post tonight geared towards teachers... 


Thought I would begin sharing some of my classroom ideas. So here is my magazine file with laminated pages that the students use to demonstrate different math concepts.

WE use these pages all the time and I have many ready at a moments notice. Some are rarely used and some are used on a daily basis. For example, when it comes to counting, a hundred chart could not be more useful. Also, it can be used to help with number recognition and when the students are practicing 1 more, 1 less, 10 more and 10 less concepts. 

These can be made out of any math aid and really for any grade. For my special education students this stuff provides a visual aid for me to demonstrate math concepts. There are endless possibilities for any grade and any level. Students can use these during seat work or even for group work or math games. 

Here are a few more detailed shots of what is inside my math magazine file! 


Have a great day!