Saturday, February 25, 2012

How Do You Stuff Your Peppers?

Hi all! 

I know i have kind of been MIA the last couple days... So sorry! There have been a few reasons for that and one is I am just truly exhausted and ready to crawl into bed the second i get home! Any who.... such is life! There is one other reason that i have not posted in a few days but I will explain that tomorrow! 

So tonight is the end of a long day and I thought I would link up with Six Sisters again to show off the FABULOUS stuffed bell peppers i made last week! I (of course) found the recipe on Pinterest (just click the picture below to head to the yummy recipe on Katrina Runs). So if you like what you see please feel free to try for yourself! 



Here's my review of the recipe: 

  • I accidentally skipped mixing the rice into the stuffing and this recipe still turned out great! WE just had a small amount of rice to the dish before we plopped down each pepper!
  • 1 pepper makes a great meal - even without the rice!
  • Hubs really liked this meal and I went with less rice to lower the carb count! 
  • I really enjoyed the cilantro that was in the stuffing! It added a ton of flavor! 
  • My one addition is to put some salsa on top! Boy this made it even yummier! 
  • I made six peppers in my crock pot for three full nights of dinner for two! This is a great head and store recipe that can make coming home from work to cook a whole lot easier! I know some do not like to eat the same thing twice per week, but there are so many benefits to planning meals this way. There can also be a bit of variety added to recipes during the week even if it is the same dish! However, i get it, some people get sick of eating the same thing twice, but this works for us! Besides it really can be a bit cheaper and leftovers get frozen!
  • Don't be afraid to use a few extra tomatoes with this recipe. I had a larger can on hand and it worked out fine! 
  • Next time i may even add a can of diced chilies! 
  • The green peppers were good, but next time i think i will try a sweeter pepper! I want to try yellow or red to make the dish a little more sweet! For some reason cooked green bell peppers do not always hit the spot with me, but yellow, red, and orange really make a salad, soup or dish that much better! 

Here's what my cute little peppers looked like going into the crock pot: 
And what they looked like while they cooked! Don't they look snug as a bug in a rug?

What did you have for dinner this week? How do you stuff your peppers?
I hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Photobucket