Saturday, November 3, 2012

Bubblin' and brewin'

Lots has been bubblin and brewing in my kitchen!
Thought i would share a recipe of my own too!

First was a Pinterest find: Zucchini Lasagna

Yum-o.
This recipe is great because it was pretty easy and it is lower carb! Though I love lasagna noodles, this recipe only calls for zucchini that has been grilled instead of the noodles! And I even served it to some men and they really liked it. Or at least I was told they liked it! Either way it is hubby approved! By the way, did I mention that this recipe is from The Girl Who Ate Everything?!? Love that blog! There is just a multitude to recipes to use everyday! I have several favorites from that site, but be sure to check out some of my other faves in case u missed it here!




This next recipe is one that I made up by myself. I am not usually testing my own recipes out just because the rarest many awesome ones to find on Pinterest! However, the morning I decided to make pancakes and realized I was it of a few key ingredients meant into to be creative! And that is how I decided that Greek yogurt would be a great exchange for eggs and milk! My recipe happened to be using a trader joes pumpkin pancake mix but I think u could use any mix really! I'll stop rambling and give you the recipe!
 
Greek Yogurt Pancakes

What you will need:
1 8 oz. container of Greek yogurt per batch of pancakes (Note: flavored yogurt would add flavor, but would also add sugar!)
Pancake mix (use as much as directed on the box for the amount of pancakes desired!)
Water
1 T butter, melted

Begin by measuring the powdered pancake mix and then mix in the yogurt. This might be thick to start, but you can add water to thin it out. Be careful not to add too much water as it will make the pancake batter too runny! Then mix in the melted butter. Once the mix is finished you can pour the batter onto the griddle.

Here's what my pumpkin version looked like! Those little guys were gobbled up lickety split! Yum -o!


These were a yummy breakfast treat! 


Photobucket