Monday, November 19, 2012

Literary Junkie For Sure!

Today I am officially a "Literary Junkie" because I am participating in a new monthly link up with Taylor and Lesley.

Goings on in Texas

So here's the deal, every month these ladies will be hosting a link up to discuss books and as long as i have been reading, i will be linking up! Taylor has been my pen pal for the last few months and she is just swell! I truly look forward to her letters and love that she is so down to earth! Lesley writes a blog that i am new to! And just from the get go, i cannot wait to read more! So here are the questions for this month:

1) What book are you currently reading? Give us a little synopsis and your review.
I just started "Gone Girl" and am really excited about this book! It seems really intriguing so far. It is a mystery that is about a husband and a wife where the wife disappears. Each chapter is from either the wife's perspective or from the husband's perspective. So far, it is interesting and I am waiting for it to get to where I cannot put down!
  
2) What are your 3 favorite books of all time?
My first favorite book of all time is from my favorite author, John Irving! I love his book called "A Prayer for Owen Meany."It was a book assigned to me by my senior English teacher! I loved the book! To this day it is one of my faves!

The next book that is in my top three would be "The Secret Life of Bees" by Sue Monk Kidd. I really love literature that takes place in the time period of the 60s. It love the way life seemed to be! This is a great story about a young girl who leaves her abusive father to live with three amazing black women.Have you seen the movie staring Dakota Fanning and Queen Latifa?


The last book in my top three is "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett. I love this book and in my last 100 pages who reading it, I actually slowed down in my reading to make sure it would last longer! I truly fell in love with Skeeter and Abileen! I loved every part of this story and hated what each character hated as well! It was such a good book! I highly recommend this one, for sure!

3) What is your "approach" upon entering a bookstore? Where do you immediately head after entering through the front door?
 When I enter a book store, I go straight for the new paperbacks! I also look for the books that have been recommended by employees of the book store. I know Barnes & Noble does this and I often enjoy reading the commentary on each book. I can't say it has pushed me one way or the other when it comes to my choice, but it is fun to read! I also like to check out the biography new releases and then head to all the wonderful fiction! I also really like to look at the Abel's where they display books being read by local high school students. It is neat seeing some of my faves get added and also remain on these lists! I then usually rund it my visit with a trip to the clearance and also to check out the journals! 

So, what are you reading? What are your favorites? How do you attack a book store?
 Don't forget to see what others are reading! 
Goings on in Texas
Photobucket