Monday, June 24, 2013

Stomach Sleeper No More

For as long as I can remember I have been a stomach sleeper. And as of a couple months ago, I would wake up with a pretty sore lower back. After several weeks of stretching and using my trusty foam roller, i decided enough was enough. It was time to look into more of a solution. 
I talked to my massage therapist who said it was probably a combination of things causing my pain, but the stomach sleeping was definitely not helping. She promptly suggested a body pillow. 

And that is just what I got. 

I even contemplated getting this pregnancy pillow, but decided to wait until that was a valid need. 

Either way, after a few months of sleeping with the body pillow, my back has been soooo much better. My lower back still tends to be pretty tight, but i think its mostly from work and all that kickboxing that i do. 

Do you have back pain? 
What do you do to help your back health? 
Photobucket