Monday, June 10, 2013

Reading the Day Away

Summer is just about here! And that makes me a bit giddy... if only i didn't have to survive through 5+ weeks of summer school, then I would be one happy camper! If only!

Well, with long summer afternoons fast approaching my mind is wandering to reading lazily on my balcony, by the pool, at a coffee shop, or even as my husband is driving! Curled up on the couch wouldn't be so bad either! This also reminds me of the time i spent an entire Friday reading in my mother's backyard just so we could go see the movie for the same book that very night. (It was Nicholas Sparks' The Notebook!)

While I have loved reading the whole day away, it seems that as I have gotten older, these moments of not having to be anywhere to do anything seem few and far between. This will definitely become one of my items on my summer to-do list.... relax and read! 

This weekend I began reading The Pilot's Wife by Anita Shreve and so far have enjoyed it, though i will say it has a depressing beginning. Let's see if it ends on a high note! 

I have read other books that have led me to llllllllllloooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnngggggg hours with a book in hand. Here are a few titles that kept me more than captivated for hours on end:

The Book of Ruth
The Fourth Hand by John Irving
The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
We Were the Mulvaneys by Joyce Carol Oates
Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood by Rebecca Wells
The Dive from Clausen’s Pier by Ann Packer
What books have you sat and read the whole day away with? 
Photobucket